Umbrella Insurance Policy
Umbrella insurance is extra liability insurance. This type of insurance policy is designed to help protect you from major claims and lawsuits and as a result it helps protect your assets and your future. It does this in two ways:
- Provides additional liability coverage above the limits of your homeowners, auto, and boat insurance policies. This protection is designed to kick in when the liability on these other policies has been exhausted.
- Provides coverage for claims that may be excluded by other liability policies including: false arrest, libel, slander, and liability coverage on rental units you own.
What does umbrella insurance cover?
Still a bit hazy on what an umbrella policy covers? Well, let's dig into the details a bit. Umbrella insurance provides coverage for:
- Damage to property
- Certain lawsuits
- Personal liability situations listed below
You're thinking, "I have auto and homeowners insurance that covers some of these situations." True! But, umbrella insurance insures you above and beyond the limits of those policies and covers some situations that aren't covered by the other types of policies. And rates are less than you think! Get an umbrella insurance quote today.
Here are examples of the types of coverages provided by an umbrella policy and how they protect you:
Bodily Injury Liability – covers the cost of damages to another person's body. Examples include the cost of medical bills and/or liability claims as a result of:
- Injuries to other parties due to a serious auto accident where you are at fault
- Harm caused to others as a result of your dog*
- Injuries sustained by a guest in your home due to a fall
- Injuries sustained by a neighbor's child who falls while playing in your yard
Property Damage Liability – covers the cost of damage or loss to another person's tangible property. Examples include the cost associated with:
- Damage to vehicles and other property as a result of an auto accident where you are at fault
- Damage claims incurred when your dog* rips a friend's priceless oriental rug to shreds
- Accidental damage to school property caused by your child
Owners of Rental Units – helps protect against liability that you may face as a landlord. Examples include the cost of liability claims as a result of:
- Someone tripping over a crack in the sidewalk of your rental property and suing you for damages
- Your tenant's dog* biting someone and you being held responsible for the injuries
Coverage is also provided should you be sued for:
- Slander – injurious spoken statement
- Libel – injurious written statement
- False arrest, detention, or imprisonment
- Malicious prosecution
- Shock/mental anguish
- Other personal liability situations
Cosecha Insurance, Life Insurance in Houston, Life Insurance Coverages in Houston, Life Insurance Discounts in Houston, Life Insurance Rates in Houston, Life Insurance Policy in Houston, Car Insurance in Houston, Car Insurance Coverages in Houston, Car Insurance Discounts in Houston, Car Insurance Rates in Houston, Car Insurance Policy in Houston, Auto Insurance in Houston, Auto Insurance Coverages in Houston. Auto Insurance Discounts in Houston. Auto Insurance Rates in Houston, Auto Insurance Policy in Houston, Home Insurance in Houston, Home Insurance Coverages in Houston, Home Insurance Discounts in Houston, Home Insurance Rates in Houston, Home Insurance Policy in Houston, Motorcycle Insurance in Houston, Homeowners Insurance in Houston, Retirement Savings in Houston, Social Security in Houston, Unexpected Loss in Houston, Disability Insurance in Houston, Insurance Requirements in Houston, Insurance Companies in Houston, Personal Auto Insurance in Houston, Business Insurance in Houston, Commercial Insurance in Houston.